Library Media Center Scheduling:
The CHS Library Media Center operates on an open schedule, meaning the Library Media Center is available to class groups and individual students throughout the instructional day. Teachers can reserve the computer lab area (35 computers) or the presentation area (seats 40) for class use. Teachers wishing to schedule the use of the Library Media Center space for their class should sign-up using the Teacher Binder on the circulation desk or e-mail Mrs. Lawler.Google Calendar.
Library Media Center Guidelines:
The CHS Library Media Center is an educational space for everyone and serves as an orderly academic area for quiet individual or collaborative work. Please follow the rules and guidelines listed below:
- The Library Media Center is open from 7:45 am – 3:45 pm. Passes are required to use the Library Media Center before, during, and after school hours.
- Enter the Library Media Center quietly, with a pass and a positive attitude.
- All students using the Library Media Center are expected to follow and respect school rules and the rights of their fellow students.
- Students must honor the academic environment of the Media Center and show respect towards other students, the library staff, and library resources.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the Library Media Center. No exceptions.
- Sign-in when you enter and leave your pass near the sign-in binder. Sign-out when you leave, and have your pass signed by the media staff before leaving.
Library Media Center Computer Use Policy:
- Before you login, please sign-in at the circulation desk. No food or drink should be in the computer area - no exceptions.
- If you notice an issue with your computer workstation, notify the media center staff immediately.
- Computers are for school appropriate use only and are subject to monitoring.
- Printing is for single copies only and for school assignments only.
- Preview your document before you print and print on both sides of the page to conserve paper and toner.
- Log off the computer when you are finished.
- Please slide in your chair, and leave your computer area clean and tidy.
- Sign-out at the circulation desk.
Library Media Center Materials Policy:
- Students may check out books for two weeks. There is a charge of 10 cents per day for overdue items.
- Students may check out two books at a time, unless more are required for a specific assignment. Over time, with timely return of materials, student limits can increase to check out up to five books at a time.
- Reference books and magazines may be checked out for one day and must be picked up after school and returned before school begins on the next school day.
- Through a cooperative agreement with the West Georgia Regional Library, students and staff may request books from any public library in Georgia, and the materials will be delivered to CHS free of charge. Normal circulation periods apply.
- Students may also check out items from the University of West Georgia Ingram Library by applying for a Guest Borrower card at the UWG library's circulation desk. The Guest Borrower Card is non-transferable and the individual named on the card is responsible for all items borrowed and for any fines or charges for damages or lost materials. A parent must accompany the student to sign up for the card and will add their signature to the application.
- Teachers may check out books, videos, cameras (still and video), memory cards, Promethean ActiVotes, and other technology equipment through the library circulation desk.